Wednesday 25 June 2008

Billie Piper: 'I Fear I've Ruined My Career With Topless Scenes'

Billie Piper fears she may have blown her chances of Hollywood stardom by going topless in a role as a high-class prostitute.


The 'Doctor Who' actress' Diary Of A Call Girl series, in which she stars as Belle de Jour, has pulled in record viewing figures in the US.


But Piper, 25, fears she went too far for the American audience.


She explains, "Someone said the other day, rather viciously, 'What A-list stars get their t**s out?'


"And then I started thinking, 'Oh, my God, what have I done? I've ruined my future career.'


"You know, you get photographed on the beach topless. After all, they�re only breasts."


But a boss at US cable channel Showtime, which screened the series, said, "Billie has the looks and ability to make it very big in Hollywood."


Pregnant Billie is now filming a second series.




See Also